Social Icons

Loading...

STATEMENT BY THE RT. HON RAILA A. ODING STATEMENT BY THE RT. HON RAILA A. ODINGA ON THE JUDGEMENT OF THE SUPREME COURT .




Fellow Kenyans,
Members of the media,
Ladies and gentlemen,
Good afternoon,

You will recall that on 9th March 2013, I issued a statement on the conduct of the elections which hadjust been concluded.I expressed my deep gratitude to all Kenyans who had turned out massively to exercise their democratic rights to vote and elect their leaders.I however expressed my dismay that contrary to the expectations of Kenyans, we witnessed the failure of virtually every instrument the IEBC had deployed to ensure free, fair and transparent elections.

I outlined such failures, with concrete examples of the anomalies that all of us witnessed. It was clear that the constitutionally sanctioned process of electing new leaders had been thwarted again by another tainted election.

Democracy was on trial in Kenya.But that has not dented my commitment to constitutionalism and the rule of law.Enforcing the spirit and letter of the constitution remains the only sure way to peace and prosperity for our young democracy.

My decision to file a petition in the Supreme Court to challenge the validity of the election was a testament of my faith in the independence of our judiciary.We did so for the sake of our democracy and for the sake of allKenyans who wanted to exercise their constitutional right to elect their leaders through free and fair election.

For  more    visit
  http://jiachieforums.com/index.php/topic,6239.0.html
author

This post was written by: Author Name

Your description comes here!

Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!

Post a Comment

CodeNirvana
© Copyright Daniel Blog in Contemporary News
Back To Top