Social Icons

Loading...

ROMNEY Concession Speech

Mitt Romney delivered his concession speech just after midnight early on Wednesday after President Barack Obama was projected the winner of the race for the White House. The Republican candidate told his supporters that he called the president to concede.

"I wish all of them well, particularly the president, the first lady and their daughters," he said. Romney explained, "I ran for office because I'm concerned for America," and added, "Like so many of you, Paul and I have left everything on the field.


 We have given our all to this campaign. Earlier tonight, Mitt Romney told the reporters on his campaign plane that he'd written only one speech. With President Obama now officially declared the winner of the 2012 general election, we have found a transcript of the governor's address.


Thank you. Thank you. Thank you all so much. I'd like to begin tonight by thanking Eric Fehrnstrom, Stuart Stevens, Matt Rhoades, and the rest of my team. And to all the volunteers who worked night and day on my behalf. And to my lovely wife, Ann, and our beautiful children Tagg, Mitt Jr., Romm, Splatt, and Kapow... I think you for your patience, and your support, and your unending love. And finally, to the people of America, I would just like to say, at long last...


WE DID IT. There were a lot of people who doubted us, people in the mainstream media who say that we would not and DID not win this election. But from Day One, I said that I would win this election, and I have not wavered and will not waver from that stance. My winnership of the Presidency remains a bedrock principle of who I am.


That's why I stand before you tonight knowing, in my heart, that I have won. To think, not but five minutes ago, people were saying this election was "over" and that "Obama easily carried Ohio." Just more spin. Just one last gasp of a desperate Obama campaign that has steered this country into such dangerous waters.


 Aren't you tired of the lies, Mr. President? Isn't it time that you leveled with the American people? My running mate—or shall I say, VICE PRESIDENT?!—and I aren't afraid of the hard truth: That we won this election by a rather impressive 370-168 margin. We even got Oregon, which was a pleasant surprise. All of this was cited in a study conducted by the Association of Families and Values back in 2004. This is hard evidence, Mr. President.


 But I suppose that's never stopped you in the past. That said, I would like to congratulate the President on waging a hard fought and substantial campaign. We may have our disagreements. But I know that he is a man of compassion and remarkable dignity. And I will be honored to have him speak at my Inauguration, which will take place on January 21st of next year.


 And to all of you who voted for me, you regular folks out there who all let your voices be heard, who gave us the momentum we needed to make history, who represent a CLEAR majority of the electorate—I'd just like to say... you haven't seen anything yet.


 From Day One, there will be TWELVE MILLION NEW JOBS waiting for you. And that's not all. I am happy to report that I have already labeled China a CURRENCY MANIPULATOR, and that they have now agreed to stop, that is, manipulating currency. (take another beat for wild applause) In fact, I'm proud to report tonight that the State of our Union is strong. Just now, the Dow Index closed at a record high of 23,000.


Teenage pregnancies are down a whopping 23%. Your take-home pay under my new tax plan is now a full 15% greater than when the President left office three months from now. And our national debt of $16 trillion is now a SURPLUS of $32 trillion. (take another beat for wild applause) And it's all thanks to you, the American people. I never stopped believing in you.


 I never doubted your honesty and integrity for a moment. That is why I stand before you today triumphant, having not only won this election, but having won the NEXT election, annexed Cuba, and ended human trafficking once and for all. It's all thanks to you, America. And that is the truth.

  Source: http://www.gq.com/news-politics
author

This post was written by: Author Name

Your description comes here!

Get Free Email Updates to your Inbox!

Post a Comment

CodeNirvana
© Copyright Daniel Blog in Contemporary News
Back To Top